CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Purple teeth?!






Sunday was Peter’s birthday bash at the Johnson’s. Happy Birthday! Everything was pretty much the same ol craziness that I’m growing to love. I have to admit, I’m happy when I can hear the light rain falling outside while I’m inside the house. I’m lucky if I can hear the dishwasher running when the whole gang is here and the dishwasher isn’t very quiet. 
Dinner was delicious! We had scones and a breakfast casserole with Mom’s macaroons to top it all off. YUM! 
After dinner I was up in the bathroom indisposed. Not two minutes later I hear someone yell, “Oh, No Gideon!” I just giggled because I know Ezra is downstairs and he’ll have to deal with whatever it is. Back to reading my Parenting magazine … lalalala. Emily (9yr niece) knocks on the door and I let her know that I can’t come out. She informs me that my son has found a bottle of Gentian violet that was being used to help treat Jayden’s severe diaper rash. It can also be used to treat Thrush. If you’ve ever used it before it’s a horrible mess! It dyes everything it touches a deep purple. Emily let me know that Peter (our licensed MD in the family) said Gideon should be fine.
 I don’t think Ali will leave medicines lying around anymore, at least not around little ones.
There was nothing I could do at this point other than laugh and think ~ Purple is my favorite color… heh.  I wondered if he looked like Barney?.. 
Another thing I thought of was Violet from Charley and the Chocolate Factory. You know the character she played! She couldn’t resist that piece of gum that turned her blue.
Oh, yes he was a sight. I let it go for a while until the kids started to call him “purple boy.” The little ones didn’t bother me but when the older ones started to make fun of him I stepped in. 
I gave him a bath and was able to get most of the gunk off. 
Never a dull moment at the Johnson’s 

1 comments:

Tami said...

When Jer and I read your blog and looked at the pics, we groaned. I've never heard of purple diaper rash cream/powder. What a mess!

My Hannah

Weekend

Our boy

random pictures